Search site

Pensioner Member

Quick Links

For confirmation of this year's pension pay dates, please click here.

To find out more about this year's pensions increase, please click here.

To access the Pensions Portal or for step by step guidance please click here.



As a pensioner of the West Midlands Pension Fund you are in receipt of a lifetime pension, which attracts pensions increases in line with the cost of living.

LGPS pensions are paid directly into your bank account and attract tax where applicable. You will get a P60 after the end of each tax year, showing you the amount of pension paid and tax deducted during the year.

If you need to change any of your personal details, such as your name, address, marital status or the UK bank or building society account your pension is paid into, you can update this information through our pensions portal facility. Details on how to register to use the pensions portal can be found via the sub-page in the menu to the left.

If you move abroad your pension can be paid into a bank account within your new country of residence. Please see Overseas Mandates for the appropriate form which will need to be completed to enable your details to be amended.


National Fraud Initiative

If you claim any state or council benefits, you must declare if you are in receipt of a local government pension as well.  Even if, for some reason, you have declined to receive a pension you are entitled to, you must still declare it.

The Audit Commission produces the National Fraud Initiative report every two years showing the results of a data matching exercise which compares records of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), local authorities and local authority pension funds. This report has provided invaluable, and is very efficient in highlighting people claiming fraudulently. The authorities concerned take a very hard line on this type of fraud and guilty parties are required to repay monies overpaid and, in some cases, face prosecution.

The National Fraud Initiative report also details any local government pensioners who have taken up re-employment within local government anywhere in the country. It is, therefore, important that you inform the Fund of any re-employment in local government.


State benefits

You may also get a pension from the state - more information is available from the Directgov website.


Powered by GOSS iCM